Careers – District Manager – Dollar Tree Canada
This position will plan for growth with continued success in operating a profitable business though hiring, training, and development of store associates in both operations and merchandising.
- Analyzing district sale results and trends to achieve sales increases and maximize sales.
- Maintain a good inventory mix and merchandise presentation to maximize sales results in each store.
- Recruit/network, hire, train, motivate, evaluate counsel, and build TEAM Dollar Tree Canada associates.
- Maintain high standards of merchandise placement, store signage, and proper display techniques to create an inviting place to shop as per company directives.
- Follow up to ensure corporate policies, memos, and merchandise bulletins are enforced and completed in stores.
- Control payroll, cash control, conduct store audits, ensure price changes are completed, monitor inventory shrinkage, and communicate to the Director of operations and Head Office as needed. Follow up on all communication, voicemail, e-mail, and paper mail in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inventory shrinkage throughout the district as it relates to security problems, shoplifting, and follow up on banking procedures.
- Maintain a high level of customer service within the district through personal interactions with associates and customers by ensuring friendliness. Assurance of a customer friendly store means a well-recovers and clean store with new merchandise out on display in a timely manner.
- Train management personnel in all stores with emphasis on off-hours procedures and guidelines as well as back room layout and stock flow management.
- Ensure proper training, development, and follow up of all Store Associates to include Manager Trainees, Store Managers Assistant Managers, and hourly Associates within their assigned district. The goal here it to better develop our internal Management bench as well as our promotable Associate pool.
- Support the Regional Training program by corresponding with the Regional Training Manager on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to discuss training issues.
- Maintain high standards in the District Training store.
- Responsible for following up on all paperwork, i. e. Checklists, with Store Associates to include MITs, Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, and Hourly Associates.
- Maintain a supportive attitude with District and Region and continue to execute and follow up on established training programs to maintain up-to-date information.
If you are interested in a District Manager position, click to view open positions.