Real Estate – Dollar Tree Canada
Real Estate Experts: Our Partners in Success!
As Canada’s premier operator of discount variety stores offering merchandise for $1.25 or less, we understand that the location of each one of our stores is vital to our success. That’s why we team up with local real estate experts to secure the best possible locations for new stores. As a real estate expert and partner, you, too, are also vital to the success of our business.
Dollar Tree Canada operates more than 200 corporate stores from British Columbia to Ontario in strip centers, malls, and freestanding locations. We are currently aggressively opening corporate stores from British Columbia to Ontario.
Our stores operate in 5 provinces and offer a remarkable variety of high quality, everyday general merchandise and an ever-changing array of seasonal goods – with each item affordably priced for just $1.25 or less!
We are seeking a number of real estate sites to assist with our growth. Contact us to discuss a mutually beneficial leasing agreement.
Dollar Tree Canada’s General Criteria for Leasing:
- Most leases are based on a 10-year term with options.
- Each location is planned dynamically to take advantage of maximum space available and area demographics.
- Dollar Tree Canada locations consist of a basic store footprint of 8,000 square feet (with a minimum of 70 feet of frontage) to 15,000 square feet.
- Landlord-tenant relationships are one of the key components to the success formula.
- The Dollar Tree Canada concept is proven in the following models:
- Regional or neighborhood centers, anchored by big box discounters or dominant grocery stores.
- Freestanding locations in a strong retail corridor, with easy ingress/egress and ample parking.
- Small strip centers that are highly visible and have strong traffic counts.
- Population of at least 20,000 in 3km radius and an average household income of $35,000-$70,000. The location should have back door freight delivery, preferrably accessible by a 53-foot trailer.
Our plan is to seek out great growth opportunities from British Columbia to Ontario. Our growth will continue by back filling existing markets and expanding into new markets.
Do you have a space that you feel would work great for us?
Canada Corporate Office
3185 Willingdon Green, Suite 206